The Board was established in August, 2013 from the Department of Higher Education in the then Ministry of Education with a clear mandate to be a leader in support of the pursuits of academic excellence and to make bursary and scholarship easy and readily accessible to all our students across the globe using modern technologies in the delivery of our services. The policy thrust of the Board has been to find better ways and means of improving and fast tracking the activities of the Board to deliver on its mandate and one of such ways is to better the process of delivery our students’ special Assistance Scheme.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD
The Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board is saddled with the following responsibilities among others.
- Payment of Students Special Assistance Scheme;
- Award of Overseas Scholarship;
- Award of Local Scholarship;
- Assistance to Children of Deceased Civil Servants of Delta State Origin;
- Payment of Assistance to Students in Nigerian Laws Schools;
- Encouragement of Scholars with award of Scholarship from First Class Degree holders to Ph.D level;
- Award of Aviation Scholarship etc.
The Board is presenting structured into four main departments as follows:
- Administration and Finance;
- Planning Research and Statistics;
- Students Special Assistance Scheme;
- Scholarship (Internal & External);
- Monitoring & Inspection.